Thursday, December 9, 2010

Backsplash Tile

Hi all!
It's a rainy day here in S Florida and I have a lot of errands to run. Boo. I hope your week is turning out nicely!

We are under contract on a home in Kentucky and one thing we both love about it is the kitchen. It's large with a lot of fun upgrades and plenty of cabinet space. There is one thing that makes it hard for me to plan around.....you see, I'm a white cabinet girl. My dream is white cabinets with a subway tile backsplash and carrera marble counters.

I realize that dream can still be realized, just not in this home, which I am fine with. There are beautiful dark cabinets throughout the kitchen, bar area, and butler's pantry. So, what is my problem you ask? I have always planned around white cabinets and now I'm having to change my thinking. What kind of backsplash do we need? What color will look best on the walls? I want to paint my pedestal table that will go in the breakfast nook, will black or white look best?

I thought I could at least start thinking through one of those questions and pull some inspiration from google. Here are several kinds of backsplashes with dark cabinets including but not limited to glass tile, tumbled marble, slate, and subway tile, and stainless steel.










What do you prefer? I wouldn't have thought that white subway tiles would look nice but in the picture above they do. Maybe a compromise with a glass subway tile in a green like the picture above would work nicely. Decisions decisions....

Have a great day!

Emily

3 comments

  1. I really like the backsplash in the third picture! Have you been able to source it out? I haven't!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes!! I need the name of the tile in the third picture as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a Jeffrey Court tile called Quartz Fire & Ice Brick
      (dimensions: 11 ¾” x 10 ½” and item #90070). It is a quartz and glass mosaic. You can follow the link here to the company’s website: http://www.jeffreycourt.com/chpt9_natural_slate_quartz_mosaics.asp

      Delete

previous next