Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Good morning!

Now that M and I are settling into our daily routine I'm starting to think about decorating again.
When we moved into our house in January I was 20 weeks pregnant. I made a list of the things I wanted to accomplish by June, which included: painting several rooms upstairs and the entire downstairs, putting together the perfect nursery, making the outside presentable with new flowers and shrubs, tying together the family room with a rug and new pillows, and several other things.

What this left was 2 guest rooms that have been pulled together with things we already had, meaning I don't necessarily like how they look. And several other rooms that are about halfway to where I want them to be even though to outsiders I think they look pretty nice.

One of the rooms that is 3/4 of the way finished is our formal living room/piano room. It is to the right as you come in the front door and houses our apartment grand piano, 2 white wingback chairs, a small table, and a few stringed instruments. We painted the walls Behr Ultra Ashes and I purchased 2 colorful pillows.

I have ordered prints and purchased frames, which we will hang this weekend. Besides a few other things on the walls what the room is screaming for is curtains. When I came across this image the drapes struck me as something that might just be perfect for the living room.



I'm on the hunt for navy curtains!

Emily

Post a Comment

previous next