Monday, November 12, 2012

Restroom Before and After

Hi all!  

I hope you had a nice weekend!  I got a few things done around the house and even got in a bit of relaxing!  M is 17 months now and is going non-stop so relaxing and accomplishing something is a big deal around here. ;)

A local shopping center asked for my help in redecorating their family restroom and this new mama was happy to help.  I love it when public places offer places for nursing because it really does make getting out with a little one so much easier.....it's one less thing to worry about (where am I going to nurse??).  The budget wasn't huge but I love finding a good deal so I jumped at the chance!

Here are the before pictures.  It wasn't pretty.  We not only wanted to improve the look but we also wanted it to be a bit more functional (i.e. chairs you could comfortably nurse in).  We partnered with Z Gallerie and Pottery Barn Kids to get all of the furniture and art, which helped with the budget quite a bit!




And here are the afters:  I didn't change the actual bathroom portion as it wasn't in the budget and it functions just fine as it is.


I love this tile made to look like hardwoods.  In hindsight I wish I would have gone with the black grout instead of the dark brown as it looks a bit light for my taste.



Still needed:  a pillow or two, a changing pad cover and maybe a plant to make it a bit more homey.

Paint is SW Blue Horizon, the same as in M's nursery.

 The chairs are so comfy and the space is so much easier to keep clean, which is a win win in this mama's eyes!


Post a Comment

previous next